Dorset Theatre Festival is Hiring Administrative & Production Apprentices for the 2018 Summer Season!
Dorset Theatre Festival, an acclaimed AEA summer company in Vermont, offers opportunities for in-depth professional experience in a small, selective, and supportive summer apprenticeship program. Apprentices work directly with professional theatre staff and renowned actors, directors, playwrights, and designers, many with Broadway credits, in our charming, well-equipped theatre in a quintessential rural Vermont setting.
Dorset Theatre Festival offers all apprentices opportunities to learn from theatre professionals and expand their networks through program-wide apprentice seminars and outings. Additionally, the Festival fosters a collaborative environment and provides holistic learning opportunities by requiring all apprentices to assist in changeovers between productions.
Apprenticeships run from June through early September and are available in the following areas:
(Click on each position for a detailed description)
• Two years of college (or equivalent experience).
• Prior work in area of interest.
• Interest in learning more about administrative and/or technical theatre.
• A positive attitude and adaptability: you will be working long hours as a valued part of a small team.
• Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle desirable.
Compensation and Perks:
• $150 per week stipend
• Provided double-occupancy rooming
• Regular time off to enjoy the spectacular Vermont summer season
• Opportunity to do more than “make the coffee”: as a Dorset Theatre Festival Apprentice, you will be a crucial part of your department, learning from and working with top-notch theatre professionals.
Please email cover letter, resume, and list of references to: email@example.com. Please indicate your top three areas of interest within your cover letter. Contact name: Marissa Hutton
Dorset Theatre Festival is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and considers applicants for employment without regard to—and does not discriminate on the basis of—an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Dorset Theatre Festival discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Dorset Theatre Festival is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.