We look forward to receiving your application materials. Please follow position links for more detailed information.
Part-Time / Contract
Dorset Theatre Festival is a nationally recognized non-profit arts organization founded in 1974, whose purpose is to create bold, innovative, and authentic theatre that engages a diverse, multi-generational community, and economically diverse region: enlightening, entertaining, and inspiring audiences through the celebration of great plays. Dorset Theatre Festival aims to redefine the landscape of theatre by presenting thought-provoking productions drawn from the new and classic canon, as well as through the development of new plays, new audiences and new artists for the future of American theater. The Festival produces four main stage plays each summer between June and August and is known for its world premieres of new plays and regional premieres of Tony Award-winning plays. The Festival attracts top talent from Broadway and Regional Theaters across America to the quaint village of Dorset each summer to great acclaim.
The Graphic Designer reports to the Marketing Manager and is responsible for developing season images, marketing collateral, and trade ads.
- • Creating 4 season images and formatting for both print and web
- • Season announcement postcard
- • Subscription brochure
- • Show posters
- • Master season playbill (ranging between 88-100 pages)
- • Trade ads
Skills & Qualifications
- • Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- • Minimum 1 – 2 years professional graphic design experience
- • Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- • Experience working with large, multipage documents: thorough understanding of layout, typography, and photo and graphic elements
- • Ability to prepare and optimize images and graphics for web and print
- • Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to communicate design concepts to non-designers and interpret their ideas into designs.
- • Ability to independently manage project work flow, adhere to deadlines, and effectively communicate needs and updates to Festival marketing staff
- • Prior experience with theatre and/or marketing preferred
Position is contracted for design work needed between January – June 2018. As work is project-based, this position may be done remotely.
Send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line: Graphic Designer Position. No calls please.